View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Muscle Spasms and Twitching??

Hey all,

just was wondering if during the withdrawal period you have ever had muscle spasms or twitching?

I don't mean hand or leg or arm shakes perse. I've just been getting random twitches in my thumb, calfs, and forearms mostly, with an occasional twitch in my pectoralis major and an occasional twitch in my abdomen.

I'm almost on day 4 (1 hr to go) and I haven't had any other symptoms of withdrawal, except for a bit of sweating last night (maybe, it was quite hot in my room) and a bit of hand shakiness (but I have had two cups of coffee each day and I'm not used to that)

I know that on day 1 and 2 I had more twitching than today, but today I decided to keep a log to make sure the twitching was decreasing with time. Bad Idea, in the first 3 hours I had 12 twitches, and because I was noting them I became very nervous and then I had at least 25 twitches in the next hour but I didn't log them. I had a ton of anxiety so I took a half of a benzo and I haven't had a twitch since. Def don't need to see a doctor at this point besides it would most likely get diagnosed as BFS anyway.

Just curious if any of you have had this after quitting or even after a night of heavy drinking (it's happened in the past too)

How long did it take for it to go away? Did it ever go away?