Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Angel1555

thecultsection, I am 16 days sober and have socialized with friends who were drinking 4-5 times since quitting. Most of these were just me and a friend or friend and their spouse so it was obvious that I wasn't drinking. What amazed me is that the friend who drinks the least urged me the most to have "just one." My excuse is that I am dieting and don't want to lose any progress. I want to just pass on the socialization that includes alcohol but I want to keep my friends, most of whom are very moderate drinkers. I am not ready to admit that I have a drinking problem to the world. No thank you, I won't have A glass of wine, I want three at least. Meanwhile they are still on their first drink. Since I have figured out that I just drink for the buzz, I might as well not drink at all. Boy, what a realization that was, and it took me so long to figure it out. Right now I honestly don't know how long I will stay sober but when I read people's success stories of being one year sober it makes me think, maybe I could do that. I would like to get to know myself a year sober.