Thread: Dangerous?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

Well. I don't post much anymore. I want to tell you that he can recover if he wants to but he isn't ready. Why? Because he has skirted responsibility over discharging a firearm inside a dwelling. He blames you for his drinking. He's self medicating with alcohol because his meds aren't working.

He's got issues that you will NEVER fix and as of right now, you have no marriage. He's married to his bottle be it wine, vodka or beer. That is his priority.

When he can look you in your face and say, I am an alcoholic. I have a problem. I need help. I'm going to counseling. I'm done killing myself. I'm so sorry for terrorizing you. I am and was so wrong. I'm going to change... and he does and you can see it, and he consistently shows it day in and day out, week after week, month after month then you will have something to work with to save your marriage. I believe you love him but right now, he is a shell of his former self.

I've heard all the excuses, the blame game, the bold face lies and the denial. Your husband is not ready to save your marriage and for that, I'm sorry for you. You can stand beside him. I won't fault you for that but don't hold your breath on his recovery with all his excuses, blame, finger pointing and refusal to seek outside help. He's deflecting and not ready to take responsibility for his actions and as long as he's in that mindset, he will never heal enough to recover himself let alone the marriage. It's so sad.

There is always hope though. As long as he's breathing, there is always a chance he could recover. Just pray to God. I did a lot of it. Believe me!