View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So freaking frustrated with myself right now. I know I should accept people for where they are, I know I shouldn't take things personally, I just wish it was that easy for me. Sigh.....I really wanted to make a few new friends and connect better with others. Just not seeing it right now. All I see is loneliness. I've never had really close friends and maybe I now know why? Really sad today.
Hi liztola, so sorry you're feeling down. I think you know the issues well. You expressed them perfectly. You are finding offense where in all likelihood none was intended and taking things too personally. I think just the fact that you typed this out will help it to lessen. You are self-aware and that's great!

With your friend and the FB messages - Okay, forgetting about a death is hurtful, no doubt about it. But honestly it does not sound like your friend does not care about you. Messaging isn't the best way to communicate something serious. IMO neither is email or anything online. It's so very easy to take things wrong. I've gotten into some text arguments that would *never* happen if I was talking to the person face to face.

I do not believe you are destined for loneliness or not having close friends, as now you are trying to reach out and you WILL succeed. It may take a bit more time to make a connection or maybe another group. Don't give up. You sound like a very nice person and there are others out there who will be very happy to have you as a friend.

It's hard for me to reach out, too, I am not good in groups and need to spend time one on one in order to get to know someone. In a group I'll just shut up.

I know it sounds trite but hang in there. And it's okay to be sad. Let yourself be sad but KNOW that you will not always feel that way. You really won't. ::Hugs:: to you.