View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

chicory.....do you think that this new "glitch" with the papers has shaken you up a bit?

I agree with you that going with the "known entity" if that is possible.

I sure can relate about your son's father. My children's father is the same. I have no contact with him, at all, for many years. A complete narcissistic sob.

You ask what sort of things do I like. LOL..I always have found this a hard question to answer, for myself. I think that because I didn't grow up in a place and time where girls had much opportunity for sports or "lessons" (wealthy girls might have had piano lessons). I grew up working hard (on grandmother's farm) and later, in the city--I still held jobs in addition to going to school (babysitting; nanny; domestic helper).
I was always frustrated that I didn't have a glamorous list of hobbies or accomplishments to put on forms.
My parents were very, very strict..so school was my major outlet. I was only allowed to do things that were directly school or work related.
In Jr. High and high school I worked hard---science fairs, debate team and public speaking competitions, etc. and got 2 scholarships to go on to higher education----I never could fill out those damn forms that asked for "interests and skills".

I felt like all hat and no cattle.

My interests have always gone to living things. I think my early years in the deep mountain farm is probably responsible for this. I was very much a "Little House on the Prarie" kind of life. I have always been interested and drawn to working with people. Also. I am drawn to animals and nature.

In my adult life, I got to enjoy a lot of activities that I couldn't do earlier. Community activitism; community theater; women's soccer team; and pleasure activities--like going to rock concerts and other performances....traveling a bit.....

Probably, my favorite thing to do is to do gardening--I love being with plants and flowers. And animals...I have always had rescue animals. I enjoy making "something out of nothing"...my kids have called me a dumpster diver.
Like you, I enjoy art..but really don't have any fine art skills (myself). But, I can enjoy it!! I love the very old masters, also. But, my favorite is Andrew Wyeth even though he is a modern American...LOL.
I love being out in nature. My husband (second, sweet one) and I spent a lot of time camping--and I took the kids a lot.
I feel the most content when I am out in nature.
I read a lot and study (necessary for my work)....I love nature shows and history/anthropology shows ...... I am just curious about the whole human experience..from A to Z. (I love comedy most of all, though).

In reality..I guess I can enjoy myself doing practically anything.(as long as it is not an exercise class...ugh). Just give me a stick or a box of crayons.......
As a child, we had to learn to entertain ourselves!

So, there...Chicory....here is a very long winded response to your simple question!!!!!!!!! LOL!
You have asked me one of the most difficult things I am asked....LOl.

dandylion