View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
FT

I've been thinking about what caused me to start a similar thread a couple of days ago, after it was pointed out to me that my addictive voice was hanging out with me again.

At this point in my life, I really do think I could drink moderately, if it weren't for my husband. Yes, he already said it would not bother him if I had a glass of wine here and there, but it just would not feel right to ME. I don't feel the need to "prove" a negative -- i.e., why NOT drink -- even if I think I could.

For me a better question is why should I? If I don't miss it, and I don't, I see no reason to. An example was the rum punch I accidentally took a sip of at my son's wedding. I would still have accepted the glass for the toast, I just would not have drunk it. I see no reason to draw attention to myself, ever, by announcing that I do not drink.

I have been a non-drinker for so long, I really don't think about it except when I come here on SR. Hmmm what the hell am I doing on SR anyway?

I have never checked out MM, nor would I ever go on a site like that. If I did, that would be a pretty sure sign I had no business being there.

I suppose some would even say I "slipped" when I had a sip of rum punch at my son's wedding. I could give a rat's behind if someone thought that anyway, because my sobriety is mine and nobody else's business.