Old 07-14-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
changeneeded

You have some great advice here. I don't know yet and I'm sorry if you have said what the custody arrangements are, are you primary?

My SD lived with her mom for the first 13 years and she could do darn near whatever she wanted. We somehow convinced her to live with us and it was good for 2 years. We had the normal teen aged parent struggles. As she got worse, we got stricter and it was not working for her. Blah blah blah she got into trouble we said no she could not go to her JR. prom, and trust me, there was good reason!!!

Her mom ended up promising her freedom and greener pastures on the other side if she left us and went to her. She did, and we didn't hear from her for about 15 years. She got very heavily into drugs, had 2 children and lost them. We had no idea how to get in touch with her, well she wouldn't let us get in touch with her.

Those years passed and when she did allow us into her life again she said, and I quote: " WTH was my mom thinking? Why couldn't she just have told me stay there and shape up?" how sad is that. But I asked: "do you wish we would have fought harder?" and she said "yes".

If you feel in your heart your child needs to be with you, fight hard!! At least you will know that you tried your darndest.

(((hugs)))