Thread: Moderation?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Myth of S

I am not talking about moderation here as a viable option I simply describing and challenging pre-conceived ideas of alcoholism. You have written it yourself its a erroneous term. Its true that Sodeman may be pulling that stat from his backside, thanks for bringing that up I am actually going to check his sources (a worthwhile project). As you can tell from my first post I choose abstinence myself and part of that Clear and Concise Pathway of Choice is a thoughtful consideration of moderation, not a bulldozing past the question as if its a scary monster under the bed. So many people on here and other websites I attend make an assumption that a thought of moderation is some kind of indication that things are wrong or in RR terms "the beast" is talking, I have no problem if you need that belief to stay sober but for me such thinking is just a script made up to create a target and has no evidence or basis in reality for me.

At the end of the day I post to encourage thinking (critical thinking) and challenge probably one of the biggest problems in the weird world of recovery CREDUlLITY.

Here is quote from Pema Chodron that states my position better then I can from her When Things Fall Apart

“The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently.”
― Pema Chödrön, When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times