Thread: I done it!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bennevisgal

I done it!!!

GUYS!
Bit of a positive forum from me tonight... Which has been unlike me recently!
Tonight, it was my friends birthday party. Where I am, it's currently 01:47, and we had a great party for the World Cup, and everyone was getting wasted. Except. Me.
And I sat there, mixing red bull with lemonade/cola and I ENJOYED myself. I laughed just as hard, I was funny without it (excuse my ego but I need to give myself a lil credit!), I spoke to new people and got along, and I was able to watch drunk people fall about, speak sh*t, and just general madness. I enjoyed my friends birthday, drove home about 20 minutes ago sober, (just stocked up on sugarfree redbull) and am now watching a film at my desk.
7 days clean, avoided temptation and been around alcohol twice.
I just wanna say I am so happy! And I wouldn't have been able to do it if I didn't have you guys subconsciously egging me on.
Also, any drinks anyone can offer OTHER than red bull to get through the night? I just want to be able to sleep when I get home :L
Well, there we go. One week done. 7 days done. This time last week I was in a hospital with a drip in my arm. Now, I am in my cosy room, my liver free of any alcohol and completely regret FREE.
I am still smoking, but I'm taking that one at a time.
Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble!!