Old 07-12-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
11years

Have been prescribed RX for 11 years. Want off!! Someone that understands.

I was in a bad auto accident in 2003. I have been on Percocet pretty much ever since. I always take half of my dose, extend the visit out to 50 days rather than 30 days for the last year, but quitting all the way SUCKS!! This is my fifth morning of waking up and not taking half a pill just because that's what I do and a little better today. I read the withdrawal symptoms, yawning-yep, watery eyes-yep, runny nose-yep, sneezing-Heck,yes, and drug-seeking behavior. About 4:00 each day I have up-ended every possible place I have probably stuck half a pill before when I was going to be with people and didn't want to open a bottle, I think I found the last half yesterday. I didn't go to my rescheduled twice appointment. Tired of being a slave to the RX, being treated like a criminal. I mean, hey, I guess I've passed every drug screen like a champ at pain mgmt, I did manage to stay for 11 years. Pharmacies are always out of the meds, you have to go to another pharmacy and occasionally I'll have my kids with me going to three pharmacies. It has gotten to the point that if I waited until I was almost out, I could spend an entire day going to the doc and getting RX filled because no pharmacy has any stock. I need positive reasons. The other way is so easy. I think my happy receptors are so taken over. I just need hope that this will get better, because I seriously feel like calling Monday and saying, Hey, please, I really hurt, can I come today? I am taking Motrin for my true pain and it does help. I haven't really drank alcohol in the last 11 years, my drinking friends think I don't drink. No, I just haven't wanted to because too much of a headache with the combination. You can have a drink, I'll just have half.