View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
brasa

It took me a while to realize that alcohol is a major depressant and that was what drive us in this deep depression. It seems it is happening to you. I felt the same "I'm not worthy", "there is no point" feelings.

Since I quit it has reduced considerably, but I'm aware I also need to get help from a psychiatrist and psychologist, so I have both appointment scheduled. You need to see a doctor, dear. These thoughts of suicide are beyond major red flags!

I never had those and I'm conscious I need help with my depression, you need a doctor yesterday! Please do schedule a visit. We all have our preconceived feelings about the weirdness of getting help for our brain. It took me a while to accept that our brain is just another body part, and it can get sick like any other body part.

You have people who love you... A boyfriend, your family...even if your friends seemed to have quit on you, you still have loved ones. That's way more than many people have. If you can't trust your self-love now, do it for them.

Keep reading SR. You will find amazing stories of deep despair, but also of amazing recoveries. Focus on the recoveries ones. You can do it!