View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
honeypig

meggem, you are so right about reading past posts and journal entries to remind us of why we're taking the actions we're taking. You mention that your posts span a period of several years, and you found yourself asking how many MORE years you wanted to be coming on SR making those same type of posts--I can understand this totally.

I started a journal of sorts in March of 2013, about 2 months after I found out about the drinking, hiding, lying, etc. As it happens, I was re-reading this just yesterday as it's approaching my RAH's 1-year sobriety date. I can't believe how much of what has happened I simply don't remember! Without that journal, I'd give a far different account of what the last year and a half has been like...

I mean, seriously, I have forgotten about so many really $hitty things he did and said, what crazy crap I took for "normal", and just how generally screwed up things were. I'm thinking I need to get back to some kind of journaling so that I continue to have this reality check available when I need it.

My next move is to re-read the threads I've started here, just to make sure I've got an accurate picture in my mind.

Thanks for the reminder, meggem, and yes, do keep moving ahead! I'm glad you had all that documentation to help you keep that momentum even in the face of fears and worries. Relentless forward motion!!