View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rence

I started to take Celexa (another SSRI) many years ago. Basically it was more for anxiety and mood swings. Alcohol is really the only thing that made me depressed. I was drinking alot because of my anxiety etc, and basically that's how I got on that.

I was never happy about having to take it forever. Some years ago I was sober for 7 months. A month or two earlier, I had stopped taking the Celexa because I felt better because I was sober. But at the 7 months sober point, my anxiety/mood issues came back and I relapsed to alcohol. I had to go back on it. This year I tapered off the SSRI again in January. I felt great. But at the 3 month off it point, the anxiety/mood swings were back. I went back on in May and I feel great now. I now know that I definitely NEED to take it. However, if you are drinking, you will have problems because of drinking and the anti-depressant will not work. RIght now I feel great back on the medication and not drinking (AGAIN) for over a month. So to answer your question, Yes, it helps.