View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
chicory

Dandy, you are so right. I am wanting to hurry up and feel like I am making progress, that things will work out. Just make me confident, and take away my fear! lol

I am not in Al-anon, but am looking for a meeting close to me. I am not a night driver-cant see well in rain, etc. but I believe it would be awesome for me. Because there are no guarantees that I wont have him here for a long time, you know?

I wish it would fix him to throw him out on the streets! I would build a special catapult for just that purpose. But I believe with my heart that he needs help, and that is why I am trying so hard to get him that. Perhaps someday with counsel, meds if necessary, he might find life manageable. and aa, probably. it looks like Mt. Everest...

Yes, that hour flies by! I did call my sister last evening when things got heated up. She got to hear him acting stupid. Bless her, she is in the same position with her son.

She works for a group that does electroshock therapy on severely depressed persons. she sees it work miracles for many who were hopeless . But, she mentioned that she often sees those who mentally are dependent and do not want to be independent. who do not want to do the work.

I will work hard to listen to my self talk. Yesterday while telling him that I have the right to expect certain things in my own home. I had to reassure myself, as I was saying it, that I have rights too, I matter too. I actually said that, as he was stomping away... I matter too!

thanks so much for your support....everyone... its a great thing.