Old 07-10-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by RolyPoly View Post
I truly am an expert at hiding my problems from the outside world.
I was too. There was a person I told and while they did not doubt me, they told me they had no idea.

Originally Posted by RolyPoly View Post
Does this make it harder to succeed at AA? Not having had a traumatic, scared you sh**less episode??
The only requirement for AA is a desire to stop drinking. From your post I think you have that.

I used to call myself a functioning alcoholic. No arrests, no job loss, no DUI. I kept the same job for many years and I had relationships. Of course they were alcoholics too because I surrounded myself with people that were like me.

At the end I isolated as well. I never went anywhere but to work and small trips to the grocery/liquor store.

I hid inside all weekend with the curtains drawn. I did not want to see the sun at all and a cool rainy day was a good day!

It does not really matter how often you drink or how much. It matters what it does to you and your life. If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired then AA is a good place to start.

I drank for 26 years and I have been sober over a year. It is a program or a guide to living life without alcohol. Try a meeting. That one hour could change your life.