View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
iSPAZ

jmartin - I feel for you and relate to what you are going through. My XAW was addicted to alcohol and was mixing the dextromethorphan. One night several years ago I found her not breathing on the toilet in the middle of the night. After that point I did not sleep right for several years. She left the house June 26, 2012. After she was gone her drinking from my understanding got worse but I have tried my best not to be in her business. After she left my anxiety went through the roof and sleep got even worse. I had a nervous breakdown in Sept of 12. Life had handed me more than I could juggle. Alcoholic wife, pending divorce, loosing the farm I had worked all my life for, family that I worked so hard to keep together destroyed, my job was in deep question from a hostile takeover, my father in rehab from being on life support from a bad heart surgery, my step dad since I was 5yo was dying of an incurable lung problem (he died in december), My mom the lifelong alcoholic and drug abuser was relapsing after a 5 year white knuckle attempt to quit, and I could go on. Two weeks prior to my ex leaving she wanted to buy a new farm. The good news is with Al-Anon, this place, and lots of understanding of alcoholism and working on me things are profoundly better. I still care for the ex and wish she would get help but she is in denial. The house is calm and peaceful. I do what I want when I want. I no longer subsidize $400 a night bar tabs. I bought me a Harley and ride it all the time. My daughter moved back with me and now her and my grandson live with me. We go on walks in the evening and play alot. It is much easier to watch the XAW crap from a distance than up close. Hang in there!!