View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I know, Non. My point was that the exact same words written can be perceived completely differently depending on the reader, and it's especially hard online where there is zero intonation or body language.

Anyway, I hear you. I, too, have experienced feeling diminished by others. This is going to sound trite, but "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." (The amazing Eleanor) I've had to adopt this as a mantra because my need for acceptance was as damaging as my addiction. It was killing me. While I value others' opinions, I no longer let them determine my value. So if someone scoffs or demeans my methods or my failures or my successes or tells me I'm doing it wrong...yes, it's unfortunate and it's uncomfortable, but that's all it is. I will say that the times others have really challenged my thinking have been the most beneficial for me. And by beneficial, I don't mean fun. I've grown the most by being wrong, by making mistakes, by failing.

Did not mean to make this about me. Many of you know I do tend to be rather self indulgent though.