Thread: Done with AA
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
jdooner

Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
I am NOT digging AA at all. I've tried it again and again and I just don't like it. The straw that broke the camel's back was Friday when I was "sharing" about a step I hadn't done yet. A woman across the table rolled her eyes and started chuckling when I said something that (I thought) showed my lack of knowledge about the step. It freaked me out. I realize this is one incident with one person and whatever but I have to find a different way to stay sober.

I'm looking into AVRT but wouldn't mind suggestions if you have them.

Thanks.
ElleDee. I had a similar experience in AA early on. I ran hard and fast. For me I started reading RR (AVRT) and began drafting a Big Plan and discussing with other more senior members on this Forum. I ended up returning to AA but the process of learning AVRT and another program I believe was quite instrumental in my own personal resolve and understand what works and doesn't for me.

Good luck. Any program that involves others is going to be subject to unwell people that can taint the program. RR uses the AVRT technique without meetings so you remove that risk.