Thread: New beginnings
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lucidity9

FeelingGreat congratulations on your sobriety, seeing that is truly inspiring and makes me realize even more so that it is possible to live a happy sober life. I never wanted to face what heroin would do to my future but doing so has put so much in perspective. Hearing all of these different stories gives me motivation to succeed. My biggest supporter is my fiance, whom has given me and continues to give me motivation to succeed and beat this. I want to beat this to improve our lives. My goal in the next few years is for us both to have steady jobs that we enjoy, to have our own place, get married...just be happy and healthy, without addiction following us. If we decide to have children in the future, which we both really do at some point, I want to be as healthy as I can be; currently heroin is running my body ragged. If we continue this life style, neither of us will live to see our dreams come true. I do want children, and I will not bring a child into this world until I am clean, settled, and able to provide them with everything. That also motivates me to get it all together. Thank you for those questions, they made me think a lot about what this is doing to me and how it could ruin future hopes. I refuse to let it win. I have absolutely decided that.