View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
geno198

For those who struggle part 2

I understand that there are opinions and the are subjective. I'm not sure about you but,I am a addict. Have been since I was 13 or 14, or maybe just realized it. To say I don't think about meth or alcohol or really anything that will alter my state of mind on a daily basis would be a lie. I do struggle with addiction every day. That's why the war is so real. I don't think it's a bleak outlook, it just my reality. I want to be as real as I can about it. I think once an addict always an addict, and coming from a long line of addictions, just makes that more relevant. I like the saying, you can take the man out of the trailer park , but you can take the trailer park out of the man. It's the same for addiction. ( in my opinion ) instant gratification. I was in rehab at 23 for meth, 18 month inpatient program. I have a lot of life experience for a being a 32 year old man, like most addicts I know and the the people of SR. I'm not really sure what compelled me to write this, maybe to defend my position, or maybe just to give a little more insight on the position I hold in life. In any case, thank you