View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, if I state that I believe certain methods create learned helplessness, then I will have someone PM me to tell me I am harshly critical of others' methods. In fact, I am not trying to be harshly critical. I don't know how else to state my opinion other than just stating it.

I had a member recently tell me that I am a backslapper and that I "coddle" newcomers by telling them I believe in their capabilities to make positive change.

So there it is. I'm a harsh coddler.

I frequently share what has worked for me (it was not AVRT btw), only to be told that I only have "inexperience". Just today I was admonished for laughing about something that another member "did not find anything 'haha' about it". Last week I shared about a recent bout of crippling depression whereby I took to my bed for 16 hours before forcing myself to get up. The next day a member here said I play my cards close to my chest and never reveal anything about myself. Some days I feel like I can't win for losing. My point in all this is...it doesn't matter. No one here, or IRL, owes me anything. I have to be myself the best I know how. The truth is, I will offend some, some will relate, and most will be indifferent.

I don't scoff or demean any path. There are individuals I hold in high regard that all follow different paths, and there are individuals that I do not respect who all follow different paths.