View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
whenever i read "that's the alcoholic mind" or "that's alcoholic thinking" or "that's the obsurdity of the disease" followed by whatever I thought at any certain time...I think to myself how are we ever going to move forward in the field of addiction and recovery with blanket..use whenever you want statements like that. It just gets worse and worse

really.. You take something somebody just made up without any research or scientific method and you just let people expanded on it and use to however it feels right to them and pass it off as fact...and if you disagree with it that is "ego" or "alcoholic thinking"

brilliant
In terms of medical advancements and science, I feel understanding addiction is almost in the dark ages, and unfortunately the most commonly accepted recovery program contributes significantly to keeping it there. Human beings are unique; blanket statements regarding addiction and lumping everyone together is dangerous and prohibits advancement.

I am encouraged that programs such as SMART and RR have gotten more prominent, and am glad for this sub-forum to discuss secular recovery.