View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Boudicca

Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
When I read collective beast on that other thread my heart sang YES.

Understanding that helps me see what is happening for what it really is, as in sometimes people are responding to THEIR beast, but they aim it at me. They see me as a threat to their beast, and they maybe need that fear somehow.

so they make me (and maybe you too, into something to fight. And someone mentioned how others sometimes seem to want a nother person to fail because it will prove something. People only want that if they have made the other the enemy.

Today I read someone had another person in recovery tell them to drink some more! Some people like to be the beast and like to be part of the group that is the beast.

I like the big decision that I won't drink again ever. Then I see someone say 'yes you will because you didn't do this." that is exactly the beast. Now I can see that and go on my own way.

I just had this happen, and wasn't going to come back here, but I read your thread yesterday and it all changed my mind.

thank you so much
You are welcome, but all I did was ask a sincere question The true power in this thread is in the unbelievably astute responses. Some really great thinking going on around here, LOL!
It was a real epiphany for me to realize that my Beast is responding to the Beast activity of others. I have some work to do in this area but I believe sincere examination will help me do that. Keep coming back to this forum, there are fine minds from which we can learn.