View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
chicory

Well, It ain't gonna be pretty, as I said. He says he will not go to counsel. I told him that the paperwork came that he needs to fill out. He asked, for what therapy? I said, the therapy that I am expecting you to go to, or internet goes. He tried to argue, repeated excuses, and reasons. Asks that I tell him places he can go to apply for work, and I told him that it isn't my job. I really think he is crazy sometimes!

He had such baloney spewing out of his mouth.... I reminded him that for eight years he has been saying the internet would help him. I said that I am done waiting for him to do it on his own. That these people could help him .

I brought it up so as to keep it in his mind. that I wasn't just angry, venting, or threatening.

I told him that I am tired of him not contributing, that I have to think of myself, my retirement, my truck repairs..etc.

He actually said that maybe he needed to try to help with food.. meaning his food stamps. Gee, that sure is thoughtful.

He is quite used to not having to contribute at all. I guess I created that monster. He feels badly for a minute, but then just puts it out of his mind.

well, its not going to be easy, I think. but I am so glad I have another appt next wednesday for me. I sure hope she knows enough to help me.

I do believe he will find a way to have internet....

I wish I had not been such a crummy parent. mine were worse! and taught me nothing of much value. certainly not anything about how to be responsible. I just get by, you know, in my being able to take care of myself.

just venting. it will get better, I know it will! just keeping you updated on the fact that I am moving forward each day, bitty baby steps, but more than I have in forever.

hugs