View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Boudicca

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
hey boudicca, I have to raise my hand in agreement with croissant on the point that you are still new to recovery. I fully agree that the AVRT model and commitment is an absolute. That's the beauty of it. However, there were those before you that applied this credo yet drank again. Please do not get defensive when someone suggests it is still possible for you to drink again. I would welcome that reminder myself.

Regardless of the method one chooses to remain sober, it is still a lifetime commitment. It ain't over till it's over. I have no doubt that in ten years I will be thinking I could enjoy a cold one after a round of golf. And I will have to correct my thinking on the spot.
This is true in some ways, L. Yet I don't subscribe to the past behavior is an indicator of future behavior credo as it applies here. In fact, in my limited understand of AVRT the truth is just the opposite. I must reiterate....just because others have started drinking again after using AVRT does not mean that I will. However, it is possible. I'm just not going to spend the rest of my life pondering that possibility, LOL!

Thanks for your insight.