View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Boudicca

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
I am in your corner here, Boudicca. Yes, it's true that sobriety for you was an event, a completed action in the past, a state you achieved through your understanding of your addiction and your final decision about continuing to use alcohol, your Big Plan. I believe that you have also added a moral dimension to your decision and made it immoral for yourself to ever drink again.

I suppose it is possible that you could do any number of immoral things, like poison neighbourhood pets, commit unspeakable crimes against children, even drink again. It's possible you could, but impossible for you to actually do. A defensive reaction of denial is entirely appropriate it would seem to me if anyone were to say you were capable of molesting a child.

I have plenty of doubt that I would need to be reminded to not drink in any future situation because of this moral aspect. I think the same would apply to you, Boudicca. Onward!
Thanks, Fresh! Yes, this description does accurately describe how I have attached a moral component to my decision. Not because I consider myself such a moral or good person.........it just attached an even greater importance to it and made it easier.
Thank you for your replies. I enjoy your writing style and you seem to put things in such a way that even dimwits like myself can understand!