View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
Thank you again, all. This type of discourse is EXACTLY why I decided to participate in this forum. Get's me out of my own head a little bit and maybe I can learn something.

I have done a bit of thinking about this and perhaps a little "detachment" IS in order. I need to remember that other people's $^&* is theirs to own. I don't have to own it or worry about it, nor should I. I also have complete control over how it affects me. I don't have to be frustrated or irritated, I am choosing to feel that way. I can ACCEPT these feelings then release them. I think I have identified my next mental goal.

The beauty of this is that now I have released alcohol from my life, I have the ROOM to improve many other things! How positive and wonderful that is!

I sometimes forget that growth can be painful. Thank you for reminding me.

You guys rock!
Boudicca, I can certainly relate to your frustrations etc....but remember, early recovery is still a very emotional time. Regardless of what program we follow, our thoughts, emotions and responses are still adjusting to the removal of our "drug of choice".

Some posts/posters or themes that annoyed me in early recovery simply don't now. I understand you NEVER want to drink again, because that is exactly how I felt when I first stopped drinking....but let's remember - you are still very early in sobriety.

Keep an open mind. What irks you today in a post, could be a gem of insight in a month or two.

One thing I've learned in the time I am here, is to be very grateful for the brutal honesty and rawness people share here of their experiences. That is a gift and we all have our own paths and journeys to follow.

Just because someone's journey is different to yours, does not mean it's doomed to fail or is wrong....time will reveal all.

Congrats on your sober time to date!