View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
desypete, it's been my experience that addicts and alcohol abusers are in no way unique in this regard. It seems to me that most people feel they are correct, and know what's best for them, sober or not. In my experience, it's just human nature, and chemical substance abuse has nothing to do with someone's stubborn beliefs.
no its not human nature at all to go to the lengths i would go to, just to be right or to gain control of things.
even with drink we try with all our might to control it as thats what we are like but we can not control it, it controls us
normaly people dont need to control there drinking same as they wouldnt go to the lengths i would of gone to just to be right

of course people can be stubborn but many people know how to stop being stubbon and let it go
i had to learn that skill same as i have to learn all basic skills that normal people have a good handle on
jealousy, controling, obsessions, anger, you name it i have no control over them all
normal people dont go around with a base ball bat to scare the hell out of others who might of parked in my parking space
they seems to have a better way of dealing with things

there are a lot of things that are human nature but then i am a human being so its hardly surprising, but its the fact all these strong powerful emotions for me as an alcoholic are all so out of line with how my friend who are not alcoholics can handle with ease