View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
I mean I decided I was going to either drink or NOT drink, but this in-between @#%& seems like self-torture of the highest order.
People arrive at the doors of SR at different stages in comparison to meetings, people maybe aren't sure they have a problem, want some information to make a decision, have maybe made a decision to be Sober but don't know where to begin, some need encouragement, some simply need a routine to clock up those first few days/months, others fall at the first hurdle, or the second or the third hurdles and so are coming back to try again, there are then those that are reaching milestones, gaining perspectives, learning about themselves, having success in Sobriety.

Also factor in that SR is for a wide range of addictions, and not only that but also the friends/family of addictions, however addiction when boiled down continually throws up the same types of questions.

Meetings are great, but they don't incorporate the stages in the journey from not knowing someone has a problem to eventually becoming Sober, SR creates a welcoming place for people wherever they are at.

Personally I don't mind answering the same question over and over again, as SR was there for me when I most needed it, someone may post for support and they deserve to be responded to with the same care and attention, just as if they were the first person I responded to that particular day!!