Thread: Resentments
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Take care today.

Thank you. I am planning on calling my grandmother today and I know I'm going to be crying at that point. Luckily, I have my therapist today and a meeting. I could use a hug and I'm tired of RAH asking me, "How are handling everything with your grandfather's death?" He doesn't seem to understand that my, "I'm OK" answer should be an acceptable answer.

Then, my son told me yesterday that RAH came into his room the other night while he was sleeping and asked him if I had told him(son) about my lab work I had done at the doctor's. I had come home early Monday AM, and when asked by him if everything was alright, I said, "Yes, it was just a physical and a follow up to my labs, everything was great." My son said that his father then followed that up by saying, "You know, cancer runs in her family so I'm just wondering if she's alright." UGH and double UGH! This is what you say to your 15 year old when he's trying to fall asleep. Luckily, my son said, "Dad, she told us that everything was fine. Guess you weren't listening." I had to clarify with my son that, no, cancer does not run in our family. The only person who had cancer was my sister, she had childhood leukemia and survived it. No one in my immediate families on either side has ever been diagnosed with cancer other than a few skin cancer lesions that my grandfather had since he worked construction before sunscreen became popular. If anything, my son should be concerned about his father's side of the family. Every single person on RAH's side of the family has high blood pressure, is overweight, and both his uncle and mother died of sudden cardiac arrest and his father had 2 heart attacks by the time he was 63.

OK, yeah, I'm venting. I feel like crud today and I'm so very tired. It's when I'm out of sync that stuff like that really gets to me, LOL.