View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Leshar

Thanks to all for the further responses.

LBrain, I wonder if I may indeed need to travel further afield.
BlueSkiesAhead, I know the bottom line is as you say, "keeping my eye on the prize". I'm not sure if you understand what I meant? I encountered the woman over two years ago, and today, the man told me that he'd heard I'd been "hanging around" the meetings, not a very nice way of putting it, I thought, so clearly this woman breached my anonymity by telling him she'd seen me, two years before, so I do feel disappointed and puzzled, not betrayed actually. Funnily enough, at the meeting where I met my former patient two years ago, I remember the speaker talking about how, in his opinion, anonymity in AA was a nebulous concept, and to be careful, because people loved to gossip! She gossiped, in my opinion, and I don't know how to deal with it, if I'm to try AA again. I just want to not let it bother me, but I don't want to get into a school yard fight about it, or be petty and silly about it. I guess I just expected better of her, being that she, like me, ought to be bound the medical code of ethics, at the very least, that I hold dear.