View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by glasshalffull View Post
I failed tonight. I am a disgrace. My wife is away on holidays for 3 weeks and I have the children. I feel like a failure
I had a eureka moment in using AVRT when I realized I was incapable of failure about swallowing or not swallowing a particular substance. The Technique of Addictive Voice Recognition forced me to look VERY CLOSELY at what I was thinking and feeling at the times in the recent past when I had decided to swallow some more of what I knew was wrong for me to swallow at all. The Recognition of what was going on during those moments just before I swallowed again proved to me that I had NOT failed. I had simply reversed my intention and decided to swallow some more. That was not a failure. It was a clear and conscious decision. A successful swallowing.

Every time I choose something to either swallow or not swallow, I succeed quite admirably. Swallowing is very easy, deliberate, hand-to-mouth, in-my-face, three inches from my watching eyes, one inch from my smelling nose, thing to do. It is very hard to fail at swallowing something.

What were the actual words and feelings that were going through your head during the moments before you swallowed some more booze?