View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

chicory.....don't be discouraged! I actually don't think it went badly. I think you have to have realistic expectations. Given the circumstances, one could hardly expect it to go silky smooth...LOL.

You delivered the worst possible news (for him) that he could receive--that the thing he feels most secure, in the world, with.. is going to be taken away. Currently, he doesn't know what is wrong and doesn't have a plan of hope for himself...and it sounds like his self=esteem is pretty low. Considering this..I think he kept pretty good self control. Nobody got hurt....and the journey for him and you is not over.....we are hoping for a good result.

I would suggest that the next step that would be constructive---would be for you to get in front of a psychologist STAT to help you plan for the next step of getting him to a testing situation (with him understanding that you are bringing him help) He isn't losing the internet forever....he will be reunited in the future. With a diagnosis and proper treatment....and, job training---he might well make a living with computers. He has intelligence and talent...he just needs the proper channeling. He need doors opened.

You have learned an a great deal, already!!!! and, taken one step that you were so scared of.

Good Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...full speed ahead...

dandylion