View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
chicory

Well today went badly.
He came home from friends house. I was feeling a bit softer toward him, after doing some research the last two days, ADHD sounds so much a possibility. It fits in so many ways. I guess I felt good thinking that it might be possible for him to get help. So many ADHD sufferers feel relief when they find out that there were not just dingy, lazy, losers, etc. They often have a bad self esteem, from so much failure in their lives.

anyway, I decided to tell him (through the door, since he would not discuss things calmly) that I am having the internet shut down, with the phone and cable. no sense in spending 160 a month when I could use it more wisely. Of course, he began to be rude, talking over me, and getting angry.

I can see that mental health help is pretty much inevitable. I told him that I did not want to be mean, but that I was warning him to back up what ever he needs to, as the internet will be going off, this will be my last billing cycle.

I was hoping to talk to him about going for help...if it is ADHD, he could possibly get help and resources to get him on his feet. It is a recognized disability and there is much help. if that is what it is., along with his drinking , possible self medicating, possible alcoholism plain and simple. but fact is, he would still need to want help.

I guess i knew this would get ugly.. but, I know him enough to know that he will turn it around and try to be this sweet and helpful person, hoping to smooth things over. he has that much self control, if nasty doesn't work. what a manipulator.

discouraged this evening, and feeling a bit hopeless, but its bound to be uncomfortable.