View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

The important thing is to know you can do it. Not think you can but know it. I am in the camp that uses AVRT which is similar to CBT. It has really helped me, if you haven't looked into it it's worth doing a search for it. It's not always easy but it's possible to stop drinking...and once you do an entirely different kind of life is not only possible but inevitable.

Life sober is maybe difficult but in reality life is just difficult. We all come from some place different personality-wise and situation-wise; some of us are dealt bad hands. But I have come to believe that life is only 15% what 'happens to us' and 85% how we deal with what happens. Lots of people who have all the 'cards' to be happy make themselves miserable while people who on the face of things have nothing are sometimes very fulfilled and happy.

Sorry if this is a ramble! Just trying to encourage you. Right now you just need to make a leap of faith. You can have doubts but for the next 90 days set the doubts aside. Allow yourself to believe and work whatever steps are in front of you.

You can do this!