View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Boudicca

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Yes, that's it exactly. We decide, we choose to quit drinking, and underpinning that is the fact that we MAY choose. When you understand that's how it works, you are on your way. Take a look around the forums here, and you will see many who believe that they are unable to choose. This is one of Trimpey's beefs with recoveryism.

Meanwhile, back at the RR Ranch, you have the ability to quit drinking, and you can choose to do so. You are here because consuming alcohol is messing you up. Believing these things, what does a rational person do?
At first it seemed unbelievable to me that it was this simple.........but it was! I was relieved that I didn't have to carry around the yoke of "addiction" for the rest of my life. I didn't have to debase myself at the altar of powerlessness. I didn't have to tear down my "self" and rebuild it according to someone else's interpretation of how I should live.
Honestly, had I been exposed to these techniques years ago I might have saved myself much heartache, frustration and failure.

I have quarantined my AV and that nasty virus is NEVER getting out again!