View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

chicory---I hear what you are saying about the psychologist. Not all are a good fit...one size simply doesn't fit all.
From my experience, it is a good idea to have that first question answered on an index card! The first question they always ask is: "why are you here?" It would be good to have the main reasons listed (in order of importance) ...at least 3 and maybe more.....

If I were you, I would scout out the Add web sites for help in finding a psychologist or the organizations that I origionally gave you--as they have comprehensive lists of all the disability resources in Ohio.

People who work with disabilities (such as we are talking about) also have to deal with the families--so that means that they will comprehend your issues. Parents who have had to deal with a similar situation will also understand your issues and, also, have some experience under their belt. That is why some forums would also be of help to you.

Once you make contact with some knowledgeable and understanding people--it is amazing how your self-confidence will climb.
Another thing about courage--we all have more than we are ever aware of--and the thing is...it arrives at just the SECOND that we have to use it--without fail.

I am a bit in the dark, not knowing your geographic and demographic situation--like, do you live in rural area, small town, or outside of a medium or large city....., etc. These factors do make a difference, sometimes--in what kinds of challenges or advantages you might incur. I understand that you might not want to divulge it publicly. However, feel free to pm me if you would like to. I will understand, if you wouldn't.

dandylion