View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by POAndrea View Post
Thank you, FireSprite, for that lovely, lovely post. If you come to your relationship with even half the fearlessness, honesty and generosity you show us here, good things are bound to happen!
Agreeing here, too!

CJ, I understand the frustration. I was just looking at old pictures of us, too, and wondering why I was so happy in the pics. I was so used to accepting being treated poorly that I happily went along with it and that was just my life. I knew no different.

I wish I could say the same things that FireSprite said. I have a friend in recovery who loves her husband like that but when I told her about my story and we shared Al Anon notes on a road trip last year, she made it clear that her husband and mine were very different people. Despite her husband's addiction, he never disrespected her, he was kind and full of love for people, and he communicated with her while he was on his own road to recovery.

Every relationship is different and only you know what you want for you in this life. What is it that YOU want for you? I, personally, am still trying to answer that question myself. Sending you lots of support and love today! HUGS!