Thread: After Day 5
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by Luper View Post
Well, thankfully, with the help of all of you, I have made it to day 6. What a week that was.

Now that the physical symptoms have finally died down, I got bulldozed with the mental part. Shame, guilt, lies...overwhelming to think of everything I have done to myself and the people I care about. Really hits you when you finally have a clear head......

Will continue to take one day at a time and accept what I have done. I can't change the past. I have no one to blame but myself.
Hi Luper! I get caught up in the same spiral every time I quit. The shame, guilt, and regret can really demotivate you so you have to let it go. There is no changing what's done. All you can do is move forward. You can try to right some of the wrongs but a lot of the time you simply can't. So, what do you do about that? Nothing you can do. Shame, guilt, and regret left me feeling hopeless many times, and that led me back to the bottle. Look ahead. It's the only place you can go without going backward, and I don't think you wanna go there again!

And congrats on 5 days!!