View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
13unluckyforsom

Originally Posted by rowd44 View Post
Time will ease the strong desire but the desire will never go away if you don't work on the root causes in your life. Quitting for 90 days is big deal but you likely will drink again if you are not delving and working from the inside out. As an alcoholic my most natural reaction is to pick up a drinking. I have to constantly work on this and be aware of it. If you don't have a strong foundation the house will eventually fall. Just food for thought, best of luck friend
Thanks - I've came to the place now that I realise I need to work on myself too. I realise that nobody who is happy or fulfilled wakes up every day and thinks 'I need to get smashed' or 'I'm going to get so drunk I don't remember whole days'

My beast is going daft he was about to start the blame game - granted I don't deserve the hurt I've had this past year and a half but all I do by drinking is make a bad day worse.

Today's day 3 of no drinking - but day 1 being here and tonight we are sitting down to talk about the plan together, me my brother and his girl. Maybe a bit scared of what's expected of me but also quietly calm and greatful for this opportunity.