View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Katchie

2.5 years ago my sister and I learned, after forcing her to the doctor, that our mother was in late stage lung cancer that had metastasized all over -- all related to her smoking habit, something that didn't have to be. As a family we used the time we had left, 4 months, to spend quality time with her. I don't know what your brothers needs are, but ask him what he would like. My mother became fearful of being by herself so my sister, brother, and I took turns spending days and nights with her. We also put all of her favorite calming music on a mini ipod so she could listen privately and meditate. It was some of the best quality time we had had with her in years, sad to say, but I wouldn't trade those heart wrenching days for anything in the world. A lot of healing took place during those short months and I'm very grateful for it. I hope for you and your brother that this time will be a time to say what needs to be said, hugs will be given and received as needed, etc. It will be hard and precious all at once. Im praying for your strength and that of your family's. Big hugs..