Thread: Perspectives
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Worried0810

I stopped smoking when I met XABF because he didn't like it. It was hard but I wanted to it for him - but he never felt the same about his drinking!
Nicotine is addictive but think about it this way - out of all the things you could be addicted to (booze, weed, cocaine) - smoking isn't half as bad as some things! But it is extremely unhealthy :P
As for me, I picked the habit up almost right away after the split as a stress relief. When I met up with XABF a few days later, he could smell it and told me to stop. He didn't ASK, he TOLD me to stop! I smoke anywhere between 5-10 a day, but I don't always have the craving for one. The way I see it - when I smoke, it's not affecting my behaviour and I'm not acting terribly. When XABF drank - I prepared myself for a whole lot of hell coming my way.
Don't beat yourself up over it. The gum is good but like any addict, you'll only give it up when you are ready to.
I'm not going to give up now - I am enjoying this far too much. It's another piece of freedom that I've claimed back