View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I think my response would b that the choicrs are his, he is in complete control of his own recovery, he can stop looking at the end of whatever it could have been and make this the choice of being blessed with a new BEGINNING. Keep up the good work on you and let him be in control of his own recovery.
Thanks Hopeful! I have to remember to focus on my own program and to not get bogged down in paying attention to what he's doing or not doing, whether it's recovery related or not.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive but I really am struggling with the idea of him being in recovery. It's like I am looking for reasons to get back on the merry go round, like I want the drama, and like I am looking for trouble. Does that make sense to anyone? I don't think I'd know what to do with him if he were communicative, kind, respectful, hardworking, energetic, inspired, etc etc.

Maybe I'm afraid that I'd have to do a lot more changing too, and that scares me? Or, maybe I'm just afraid that we'd both change so much that we'd have to move on anyway, even after recovery? GAH, I think too much, LOL!