View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CodeJob

Code Job has a Codie Moment

Several times this week RAH spoke about drinking. I did OK. Just acknowledged that in the past it really was his go to method to deal with life. I managed to keep all my whirring assessments and nuclear key codes under wraps. I did not go on any mining expeditions. I left him alone. Thursday night we were alone and he told me he had his review the other day and did not get a raise. Ah. So that was his issue! I said, "I am sure you are disappointed. What are you going to do - if anything?" Then I just listened to conversation response #181. In my head I'm thinking, this mate of mine is seriously ACOA. But I kept my Type A advice columnist under wraps for once.

Meanwhile, RAH remains on a high powered chore frenzy. Some of it is how he was raised, some of it is to keep himself occupied, and some of it is showing how he feels in his limited way. I'm doing a lot better letting him clean and putter endlessly, do a few things myself, and admiring things vocally with a nice nice pat on the hand or shoulder.

Yesterday morning I got up and when I walked out with my car I noticed a rope hanging from the garage beam. I thought he was preparing to hang himself. Literally first thought in my Codie worst case scenario world. My second Codie thought was he did not hang it quite right and the knots were too lose if that was truly his planned intent.

So I hunt him down and casually ask, "What is the rope for?"

RAH: "It's my temporary clothesline for the mattress cover which I am washing and plan to air dry."

CJ: oh.

RAH: what did you think the rope was for?

CJ: I wasn't sure. That's why I asked. Good idea.

I drove to work reminding myself I did well all week but I was clearly at the end of MY rope!

Last edited by CodeJob; 06-14-2014 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Smileys wrong