View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I hate to say it, but a court order is just a piece of paper. If he is going to break it, he is going to break it. And he only needs to break it once to do serious damage.

So, like I said, call the state bar. Get an ex parte to talk to the judge. If the judge/bar association threatens the lawyer with sanctions, she may straighten up-some of those consequences are really extreme. And you never know, she may have been reported for this before.

I definitely don't think you should do this yourself, you will lose. And I don't think you should try to find another lawyer right away simply because the cost will be too high. But I would start shopping around, if anyone has free consultations going on, or ask the court clerks at the courthouse who a good lawyer is-they know EVERYTHING. Because this lady definitely is not working out. Then you can get a plan B started.

DO NOT give up this lawyer until you have another one, though! If he finds out, he will slam you with all kinds of motions and paperwork and everything else to try to force you to quit before you can find someone else.