View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RollTide

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
My AH would say stuff about the neighbors and give me the impression that he would kill them if he had a gun. It's one of the reasons I won't allow us to have a gun in the house and AH would get all mad and make comments like, "She won't allow me to have a gun." Umm, no, what I said was that I would not live in a house where both you and a gun reside, based on comments that you have made. Since starting on antidepressants, he has not had any paranoia or angry outbursts, so I'm quite thankful for that!

I have to admit, I admire the fact that he's truly throwing himself into recovery. He's been to a meeting every day since last Friday and that's HUGE for him. I'm trying not to see it as quacking, I'm trying to be positive and see that maybe he can change. Yet, at the same time, I'm working on my stuff and getting my life squared away.
Once I came home from work on a Saturday and walked over to a neighbor's yard sale. All hell broke loose when I came inside because I didn't immediately rush in to his loving arms.

Good grief. I thank God for the day I finally said "ENOUGH!"