View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

In my state, they can breathalyze you all day and night if they think you are a danger to the kids. So, whatever you say, make sure you tell them its the alcohol that you are worried about, so that way, even if you can't get no visitation, he will have to be sober to have the kids, if it is the same in your state. Or even if not, with supervised visitation, he will be breathalyzed walking in the door to see them.

And, I am not sure how this works in your state, but you can get an emergency ex parte order to talk to the judge directly about your concerns, and don't bring the lawyer with you. You will have to file this one on your own though, because you don't want the lawyer to find out. But then you can bring up how she is not helping you with what you want the court to know. There could be some sanctions involved for her if she is not zealously advocating for you, which it sounds like she is not doing.

Or, you can call the state bar and file a complaint. And ask if they have a replacement.

Sorry but I see this as two problems, the visitation issue, and the lawyer issue. And I think in order to solve the visitation issue, you are going to have to take care of the lawyer issue.