View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
LivingLife4Me

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
While this makes absolutely perfect sense -- my best friend said the same thing to me during my divorce -- my personal experience was that the divorce became not just financially stressful, but also emotionally/mentally exhausting to the point where I was frankly fearing that if I couldn't get it settled and done with, I would end up in a mental hospital. And that was the one thing I could not let happen. I'm not mentally unstable; I suffered from situational depression while married to AXH and haven't since; but if he could prove that I was unstable enough to be hospitalized, that would outweigh my allegations that he was an alcoholic. I don't know if that's a fact, but that was my fear. That's how close to the breaking point I felt I was.

So I chose to agree to things that weren't ideal for my children. I'm not proud of it, but it was the choice I made then and the choice that I could handle at that point in time.
I would feel the same way you do IF she was ONLY dealing with a custody battle and divorce with an alcoholic.

However, she is dealing with a child that has been sexually abused by her alcoholic father.

A game changer. Fight for those precious daughters first, then worry about the divorce.

Sue