View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Chic, I say this gently, you know I care about you. You are not qualified to dx him. You are too close, you are manipulated and you are "The Mama".
You might start looking for help and inside information at your own physician's office. Your primary care doc has resources, his nursing staff, they refer people. You just have to tell them what you told us.
I don't know your son, but from my point of vision, you need to cut the umbilical cord. He can't grow without falling...it seems you are wearing yourself to a frazzle running around carrying a mattress to cushion his falls. His issues are stealing your happiness, you can't have your grandchildren for a sleepover without jumping through hoops. That is ridicules.
See if there is a behavioral health division in your county? I will try to check on how it works from my state once I get to work....I don't deal with that too much, but I know where to look.

(((Fandy)))We do have a behavioral health dept. He went there for evaluation , twice. They told him situational depression. He could have gotten counselling. but I cannot physically force him. He shuts the door in my face if I try.
I would have to go through process to have him evicted. And then he would have no where to go. No car to even stay in.

It is very hard to make someone leave when all they want is a tiny room to hide in. You would not even know he is here, almost. even when he drinks.

I just want him to get help and have a life, as there is no peace for me with him wasting away under my roof.

I do believe as you say, I have more power than I think. If I insist he work, he will just drink here. If I threaten him to leave if he drinks, it is a matter of eviction. If I evict him, he will be in the street. I dont think that would be the answer , honestly. He needs help with his issues.

I think I will have to somehow insist he get counselling. take away internet services, thats where my power lays, because that is his life, his social life, his interests, and he is up all night on the computer. He has quite a complex circle of stuff going on there.

I just feel hopeless. But there has to be something that can be done. He ignores me when I try to talk about it. shuts me out. asks how it can be so much to ask for one room to live in. he has lost sight of normalcy, if he ever understood it.