Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Littlemama1

Unhappy Am I enabling my cocaine addicted husband

Hi.

I am a recovering alcoholic sober 5 1/2 years one dat at a time married to a cocaine addict. I knew my husband for four years before we married. We had been friends with no romantic involvement. We dated briefly and married a year and a half ago. During the time we were friends he spoke of being an alcoholic but I was unaware of his crack cocaine addiction. He was 2 years sober when I married him. Several months into our marriage he went out - smoked crack. I learned the truth then along with the frightening revelation that he had been in and out of the program of AA 25 times. He has used four more times since. This last 40 days of sobriety he went to meetings daily and talked to his sponsor regularly.

I just feel so disappointed sad and angry. I know he is sick but the lies and deceit are killing any trust. I am so lost with how to deal with this. I don't even know how I feel about him anymore. I really don't feel that anything has changed. I don't think it helps that he just comes right home and nothing changes for him. I just don't know how to deal with him. I hate hoe he just acts remorseful but otherwise like all is fine.

I would love any experience strength and hope you might want to share.

Thank you